Sunday 13 October 2019

What is SURge

SURge - A Novel idea to consolidate Hydrographic Survey Reporting in to a single platform.

Hydrographic Survey Reporting has always been a headache to Surveyors at field, where they have to spend a lot of time formatting the reports to be presented, finding the correct logos and diagrams, the schematic representations of observations, the irrelevant calculations - the result of which has to be neatly represented in the report - but has nothing to do with the operational part of the job.

Considering the usual cramp working environment onboard, these long and tedious Reporting exercises exhaust all the energy of the Surveyor and will make his life miserable.

Being an active surveyor, I came across this situation a number of times, which made me think about working on a project to prepare a consolidated software platform for survey reporting, where one just has to input the parameters on a Graphic User Interface and select the observation data files to receive a well manicured Survey Report.

I began to work on that idea during my free offshore days, and after almost 2 years, I have managed to produce a decent product after a lot of trial and errors.

'SURge' as I call it is a "Survey Report Generator", where you have a single platform solution for all the Hydrographic Survey Reports during the Calibration and Field phases of Survey is presently being used by the company where I am presently employed and the users agree that it has made their life easier.

I am planning to propagate this utility on a commercial basis and interested parties can inbox me regarding any technical or commercial queries.

No comments:

Post a Comment